Zipp's ultimate all-around speed weapon is now tubeless ready. That means you get all of the aero advantages of the 454 NSW Tubeless rim-brake wheelset with the added benefit of increased cornering grip and compliance with reduced rolling resistance. The wheel's 19mm internal width is optimized for running wider tires at reduced air pressure. The 454 NSW's undulating 53/58mm-deep rim shape—our proprietary Sawtooth profile—takes design cues from nature for our highest performing wheel when it comes to aero efficiency and crosswind stability. A humpback whale's fast and graceful movements are aided by tubercles on its pectoral fins. These structures inspired Zipp advanced development engineers to, for the first time, systematically apply biomimicry to solve the complex challenge of designing a wheel, with the undulating Hyperfoil nodes that reduce both aerodynamic drag and side force. Combine that with tubeless compatibility, and you are set for the ultimate in Zipp performance.
- Sawtooth rim with Hyperfoil nodes and HexFin ABLC dimple pattern for top aero and crosswind-stability performance with an undulating 53/58mm rim depth
- 19mm internal width and tubeless compatibility for optimization of wider tires with lower tire pressure
- Industry-leading ShowStopper brake track: powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- Cognition hubset rolls efficiently whether you are pedaling or coasting
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that screams speed, applied using Zipp's ImPress direct-print technology.
- Ships with QR end caps and quick release skewers
Going tubeless allows you to run lower tire pressures without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction, lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces, and decreased risk of a puncture-related flat.
Tubeless-ready rims and tires are parts of a complete system that eliminate the need for tubes by creating an airtight chamber between the rim and tire. Liquid sealant is added to the chamber to fill small punctures and maintain air pressure while you ride.
UST (Universal Standard for Tubeless) is a specific type of tubeless system that dictates the shape of the rim and tire beads. UST rims should be paired with UST-specific tires for best results.
|Rim||Carbon Clincher, symmetrical, tubeless ready|
|Brake Compatibility||Rim brake|
|Nipples||Sapim Secure-Loc, aluminum|
|Inner Rim Width||19mm|
|Extras||Quick release skewers|
* Subject to change without notice.
|100mm QR / Black / 700c||710845852701||00.1918.513.000||ZIP46908438M|